As we approach our winter break and the end of another calendar year, I would like to take a moment to share just some of the many highlights from 2015 and express my heartfelt gratitude to all those who make this College a success each and every day.
- TCC was one of 16 colleges nationwide to be named among the 2015 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development and “Diverse: Issues in Higher Education” magazine. This designation recognizes the College for its commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- TCC was recognized by the Huffington Post for being ranked No. 8 in the nation among community colleges by SmartAsset.com for our high success rate, good return on investment and low cost.
- TCC was ranked among the top schools in Military Advanced Education magazine’s 2015 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities. TCC was also designated a military-friendly school by Victory Media for the second consecutive year.
- TCC Model United Nations received an Honorable Delegation award and a Position Paper award at the National Model United Nations in New York City.
- TCC’s baseball and softball teams received All-Academic Team honors from the NJCAA for achieving a minimum 3.0 team GPA during the 2014-15 academic year, and five individuals earned Academic Student-Athlete Award honors from the NJCAA.
- Angela Cole and Sarah Allen were named to the 2015 All-Florida Academic Team in recognition for their outstanding academic achievement and their Phi Theta Kappa service projects.
- TCC Forensics received bronze awards in both Overall Team Sweepstakes and Individual Events Team Sweepstakes at the Phi Rho Pi junior college national tournament—the team’s 14th consecutive award in Overall Team Sweepstakes and its 16th straight Individual Events team award.
To read more about these and all our most recent honors, visit Our Accolades.
I wish I could recognize each of the hundreds of other success stories that have occurred this year thanks to the wonderful faculty and staff of this college. With that said, I just want to wish the entire TCC family a joyous holiday season. I hope you will enjoy the time with those you care about, laugh a lot, and remember that the best things in life are not things.